Miss Kerk - an amazing teacher

November 06, 2012

Im writting this blog post about an amazing woman who had impacted my life greatly. She, is my math tuition teacher miss kerk. Ive first known her after my mother has found her on an online website as my tutor since secondary 2. My first impression of her when she walked to my doorsteps was 'wow, she is one meticulous teacher' judging by her neatly bunned up hair and her thick black spectacles. She was always dressed with her fabourite black round neck shirt with a big button on the left. At first, i really thought that she is just an ordinary teacher. But day after day it past by and i grew fonder of her. She really put her heart and soul into teaching and i could feel it that motivated me to start doing well for math. I gave her disappointments after disappointments. I failed my secondary 2 final year exams even though ive put in lots of effort. The breaking point of me was when i failed my midyear and my final year sec 3 exams which i really felt so disheartened and that im deemed to fail my math forever. I felt so broken that i almost lost hope in myself and all the determination which burnt so bright and furious in me. I was crying endlessly but she told me not to give up. She had sent me long text with lots of happy emoticons to cheer me up. Although it took awhile for me to get back on track, it was her who was there for me and pushed me not to give up. If i did that time, my math would end up in flames just like my chemistry which i never grew passion in it. It was Finally the sec 4 mid year exams that ive managed to get a B4 for my math. I was so exhilrated that i broke into tears of joy, that unexplainable happiness bursts within you and you feel as though you're on cloud 9. Even though my prelims slipped and got a C5, she kept on encouraging me that its the ultimate goal that matters: O levels. Whatever my o level for my math is, im still really grateful that she had put in her heart and soul into teaching me. I could never ever repay her kindness and her sacrifice she had made for me. All those memories that ive had with her will always be etched to my heart: athe long smiley texts, the days where she fetched me from school in her car back home, the heartwarming smile that greets me and her words of encouragement before she leaves my doorstep, those saturday morning tuition. Now that my Math o level is over, my saturdays seemed so empty without her presence. It really seem like my daily routine has been switched and my saturdays are free. It felt so weird, so surreal. Its just like a part of me being ripped away and leaving me with a parched soul. She can never be described in words because she is beyond greatness. I would miss her so bad. I admit that i even cry sometimes when i think of her. Yeah, yeah im sentimental and emotional. But hey, who wouldnt miss her? Im sure other students would miss her as much as me. Miss kerk, thankyou for the 2 years of fond memories that we've shared. I will never forget you. (: you are the best teacher that ive ever had. You are the greatest gift that god could ever give to me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe