My favourite youtuber: Dee Kosh

December 17, 2014



Im sure everyone has heard of his name before, from 987FM Double Ds to special appearances on other youtube channels and all... I've seen so many videos ever since Youtube came about and there have been many youtubers who never fail to brighten my life each day by looking forward to their videos. I would like you all to know who my favourite youtuber is out of the many people i've subscribed to, and that is Dee Kosh. I came to know about him when i chanced upon his videos back in sec2 or sec3 so its 2010/2011 i cant remember. I couldnt remember the first post i watched about him, but I remembered how i always look forward to his videos because he would make me laugh so damn hard, even when im in the public waiting for the bus i couldnt help but to burst out laughing. Back then, he wasnt that popular yet and he is still making rant videos in his bedroom without HD videos, but what kept me going on to watch his videos is because i love this one thing about him and respect him a lot for:

He is true to himself.
He speaks about anything and everything under the weather, from talking about kpop, NS, love, Racism... he just makes everything so funny and relatable its like he has a microchip installed in our brains. Its just like how he made fun of the type of people in clubs, and how he absolutely cannot stand people #ehwah-ing in clubs (i swear after the video it just made eh wah even more popular so i guess Dee's intention backfired? HAHA)  He just makes everything so lighthearted that most people dont take it as an offence. (but of course there are still few sensitive ones but well everyone has their opinions). He always speaks his mind and he has absolutely no filter to what he say or does, and all his rant videos are usually done in a single continuous shot which is amazing because i feel that whatever he says is true and it comes from the heart. I really love how he can be so self accepting; constantly making fun of himself being indian and have hairy backs and chests, and how he make fun of himself by saying that " we fat people just want to eat whatever we want and get fat". I really love how he is so self accepting and always having the ability to be so confident about himself and the way he speaks. I really respect the fact that Dee got famous not because of his looks or inappropriate blogpost whatsoever, but he got famous because he is confident about himself and people recognizes the fact that he is just being him, and him being true to himself that got him the road to fame.

His video " Go Home pinoys!" how Singaporeans should be accepting and tolerant to each other, especially accepting pinoys and indian workers and not outcast them just because we are singaporeans. I cant remember which video it was, but Dee also mentions how different all races are and we should be accepting to each other and i think that is something what singaporeans are lack of: tolerance.
I remembered how i chanced upon this video of his " My best is good enough" and it made me teared a little because nobody has ever told me that. Society is always saying that we should always be constantly pushing ourselves and limits does not exist but only a mental one. Well even if its true to a certain extent, people just have limitations as well. Its as well as saying a person who is not as academically inclined could only study till that far because thats not even his forte to begin with. People need to realize that people do have limits, not because we are not trying hard enough, but because we are not capable given our abilities. I have always given a 100% to my studies and it always doesnt turn out the way i want it to be, and every single time i blame myself for not studying hard enough when ive stayed up till late night just to study more and constantly been consistent but results dont show, and when i gave up my whole social life just to study... I know its not an excuse but chancing upon that video really made me realize that hey, there isnt anything wrong with me, im just not cut out for studying. And if i really tried my best, my heart will know. He made me realize that controversy of pushing yourself over the limit even when its your best... my best is just good enough. And if im not cut out for studying... so be it.

Of course not forgetting all his music videos such as ang baos on, smrt song and all his covers are super awesome. I really wish there are more people like him would be as down to earth and speak their minds about everything because that is what makes someone true to themselves, and i really respect that a lot.

If you dont believe me that he's just so damn funny, find him on youtube at Dee Kosh. I really hope like one day i can develop the kind of confidence he has and able to speak my mind and love myself the way that he does.
thats all for now, will update soon so see you all soon!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe