Knight in shining armor

December 19, 2012

There he stood, wearing a deep V neck striking red shirt with a dark grey bermudas in contrast. His hand was carrying a DSLR camera with a black bag strapped across his torso. The sun rays fell on his beautifully spiked up hair and his tanned skin which made him glowed a little. The moment i had laid my eyes on him, my heart skipped a little. Something about him just seemed to attract me to him. I dont know why, but i had this warm, fuzzly feeling inside me that somehow knew he was going to become part of my life. I didnt believe in love at first sight, but i had definitely felt something back then. However, i shot the ridiculous idea because i thought that guys like him would definitely be unavaliable already and that i wouldnt stand a chance. I could vividy recall that i was admiring his rather muscular physique, his every gesture. Every fine detail from the side view of him had been imprinted on my mind even till this very day. I remembered how dashing and calm he was when was being called up to the stage during a performance and how he hid in a corner to eat his lunch when everyone else sat in a circle. I really hoped and wished that he would approach me and talk to me, but my hopes were dashed when i had to go home earlier because my brother had to go for lessons in the evening. From that day on, i counted on luck and fate for me to ever see him again, but i didnt get my hopes up because i knew that the chances were slim. When my o levels was coming to a near end, my mum told me that aaron's company is looking for people to work for SITEX. I subconsciously took up the job for me to have an excuse to talk to him. I didnt know how to start a conversation, but i finally gathered up my courage and sent a rather stupid ' Hi ! :D ' knowing very well that he doesnt even have my number. I literally wanted to punch myself in the face so bad because that was a really bad conversation starter. Surprsingly, he didnt seem so hostile that i thought he would be. I asked him for his twitter and started following him to get to know him better. That seemed like the end of our conversation like for eternity. He started responding to my tweets and we started talking and got kinda close. Perhaps he isnt that unfriendly that i thought he might be.We started to text into late nights and flooded each other's inbox like no one's business. When i felt that i was on cloud 9 talking to the guy of my dreams, everything came crashing down when i started seeing tweets dedicated to another girl and that he was in love with someone more beautiful and sweet girl at his work place. Reality had hit me hard, on my face. The disappointment was just too overwhelming that i decided to stop talking to him before the hurt manifests itself. Being realistic, i reminded myself that he was never meant to be mine and that he is way out of my league so i didnt have a reason to get hurt, or perhaps a reasonable one. I started playing the angel and tried getting him to talk to the girl and gave him a listening ear when he needed. I gave him moral support and courage till he finally started having smooth conversations with her. Predictably, he didnt text me for a few days but i knew what was coming. I swallowed this empty feeling of isolation and told myself to move on. Things didnt go as it was planned, and he came running back to me when the girl started ignoring his text messages. I knew its gonna hurt but i did the right thing to stay by his side. I had to go to a training session a few days before SITEX at his shop in sim lim. I arrived at sim lim a few minutes before eight, the desinated time of the training and took a glimpses at him. My heart immediately accelerated when i saw him sitting there with his dark grey hoodie and his reddish hair looking cool and all. I literally melted. During the training, i couldnt help but to look at him, only to realize that he has been texting the whole hour during the training which of course should be to her. His eyes were fixated to his phone, being so engrossed in texting her. I rolled my eyes and continued hearing Kevin's instructions. During the first day at SITEX, i was secretly wishing that he would make a random appearance after a long day at work, lifting my spirits. Immediately, i received a text from him saying ' i coming to find u later :p '. That text message immediately plastered a big wide smile across my face and i began to drag customers, running here and there like i had infinite energy. At night, he appeared with a fitting black suit and a hot pink shirt inside him that showed off his body shape. I striked a small conversation with him but it was too awkward to be sustained. However, it was enough to make my day so much better. It didnt take long before he made me angry for talking about the other girl endlessly. I dont usually get furious easily but it had been a long day and i guess i just i didnt want anything else to make my day any worse. I ignored his text that night. He came to SITEX the second day as well and the first thing he said to me was ' why you never reply my text ' and stared right into my eyes. I stared right back into his and replied ' cannot ah? ' He smiled and moved his head closer to mine. It was a moment of pure happiness. After that, he went to disturb others by pretending to be some interested customers and tricked my friend into explaining to him. What a playful guy. He showed some magic tricks during the near end of the day and he was the centre of attention with everyone crowding around him. I was giggling in one corner, admiring how charismatic he was. I checked my phone when i ended my work, only to realize that he texted me that he was over that girl. I didnt want to rain on other people's parade, but my inner goddess was beaming but sympathetic. I spent hours comforting him. Perhaps due to extreme fatigue, i finally had the last straw and scolded im ignorant for not being able to see who truly deserves him and that he had never noticed me after for so long and that i was playing the good guy expecting nothing in return all along. I told him how i felt about him and told him not to reply because i know very well that i cannot take rejections very well and it would be really awkward if we continued being friends. When i had woke up the next morning, he sent back a long message which i couldnt bring myself to read and decided to ignore it. I thought he wouldnt come after what we've through that night. In the end, he decided to come anyway. I could see him from the corners of my eyes, moving all around. When im done with my last customer, he came and asked me whats wrong. I dont know why, but at that moment, there was this surge of anxiety that made me walked straight past him when he had approached me. Maybe it was because i wasnt brave enough to face my fears that i thought that running away everything would just disappear. We had to stack up the leftover stocks and he helped out. I left early at around 11.30pm when he was still busy stacking up. Being persistent, he persuaded me to have things talk things through. Knowing that i had nothing to lose, i decided to had a talk with him. We talked till 3am and finally sorted out everything. He told me that we could have a fresh start to get to know each other, this time round without the girl in between us. I knew that i couldnt push or deny this love anymore and decided to go with it, even though skeptical things would work out, i knew very well deep in my heart, it will cause me even more heartache living through a day without talking to him. To be continued!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe