Communication

December 13, 2012

So today i had to go to the doctor to get my eye checked and i was feeling a little unwilling to spend the day at home with my mum just to get something so subtle checked. The stye on my eye has been there for months, even before O level had commenced. Stupidly, i kept thinking that the stye woud somehow go away after awhile. Sadly, it didnt and it got even worse. When i was at the clinc, the doctor told me that i had to go through a minor surgery to get it removed. I was flabbergasted and burst into tears because im really afraid of pain. I had called several people to get encouragements and even persuasion to go through with it. If i didnt remove it now, it woud solidify and it would turn into a major operation on the eye. I would be lying if i said that it didnt hurt, it does. It felt like your whole eyeball is gonna be dugged out and fall off. There's this sharp pain lingering in my eye after the surgery. However, im really glad that i managed to find the courage to do it. Before the surgery, my mum and i werent on good terms cause i always felt that she has been venting anger on me becaue she couldnt control my brother. Worst of all, i didnt tel how i felt and the problem persisted on. It not her fault that she vent her anger on me unwillingly, but me for keeping quiet. Like my title of this post, communication is what brought us together. We sat at the waiting area, waiting for our turn and the surgery and had a heart to heart talk that we hadnt have for many years. Ive realized that i disliked her so much because i didnt understand where she is coming from and all the hard work that she has to do to tame my brother because i wasnt aroud at home. I only cared about how i felt and what seemed wrong to me. I feel so guilty for not being able to understand her and kept digging out past wrongdoings of her to strengthen my point of view. Really glad to have my eye stye removed and having to clear the tesion between my mum and I. love her so much.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe