The Script Singapore 2015 #NSWStour

April 21, 2015


Never would I have thought that I found myself a favourite band.

For the past 17 years of my life, I've never fell in love with any singer, let alone any band. I'm just a girl, like anyone else, would have all the latest hits on her songs that is constantly repeated in radio stations. There wasn't just any particular singer/band that I could relate to, or feel any connections with. There were at most, one or two songs that I would drown my sorrows and wallow in self pity when I'm feeling down written by different singers but that was it. 

2013 was a depressing period for me, experiencing life's peaks and rock bottom all in one year. 
I had the worst heartbreak during that year, to the point I couldn't really talk about it to anyone because it hurts too much. 

It got so bad I stopped using any social media platforms including watsapp for a few days, I couldn't bring myself to look at my phone only to be reminded that there wasn't anyone's message to look forward to waiting for me. Just like how I always do, I would find songs that would allow me to cry to and let it all out at night.



I was scrolling through my playlist and my conscious told me to hit play on For the first time. It got me playing the script related songs like Nothing, Before the Worst, If you ever come back, Man who can't be moved, Dead man walking. Before I knew, I started searching up for all The Script songs and downloaded every single song for every single album. 

There just wasn't one song that I didn't like. Every song has powerful meaning written into it. They don't just state the emotions, but they do so with a story without making it lengthy, draggy and boring like broadway music. It's simple, yet powerful. 



Just like man who can't be moved, which revolves around a guy who goes to desperate measures just to get the attention of the love of his life by camping at a corner of a street where they first met. 

"Maybe I'll get famous as the man who can't be moved
And maybe you won't mean to but you'll see me on the news
And you'll come running to the corner
'Cause you'll know it's just for you"


Just like how, For the first time tells a story of a couple who barely has time for each other because his job takes up most of the time to make ends meet for them, thus breaking up. 

"Trying to make it work but man these times are hard
She needs me now but I can't seem to find a time
I've got a new job now in the unemployment line
And we don't know how we got into this mess it's a gods test
Someone help us 'cause we're doing our best"


They got back years later by meeting up, only to realize they still love each other, the feeling that they both get is that warm fuzzy feeling inside. It's just like they just pick up the conversations where they left off even years of being apart. The love is just as strong, just like the first time.

"Smiling but we're close to tears
Even after all these years
We just now got the feeling that we're meeting
For the first time"



Six degrees of separation speaks for itself. There are six stages a person faces during a breakup and they wrote every single one of them into a song. 

"First, you think the worst is a broken heart
What's gonna kill you is the second part
And the third, is when your world splits down the middle
And fourth, you're gonna think that you fixed yourself
Fifth, you see them out with someone else
And the sixth, is when you admit that you may have fucked up a little"


Whenever I felt like giving up because life's tough, Live like we're dying makes me want to cherish every second of my life because every passing second is time that I would never get back. 

This is just like how Hall of Fame makes me grab onto every chance that leads to wherever I want to end up at, hold onto my dreams that are deem as impossible to me because I can be anything I want. This is provided so long as I don't give up, I will get to where I want to be eventually.

Superheroes taught me that nobody is born to be great, we have to go through multiple obstacles in life, many criticisms and setbacks. Is through these tough harsh conditions that we grow to become stronger and eventually be invincible, just like a superhero. 

"All the hurt, all the lies
All the tears that they cry
When the moment is just right
You see fire in their eyes

'Cause he's stronger than you know
A heart of steel starts to grow"






Even though they are successful, they are patriotic. Thus, the reason behind Paint the town green.

"I know you’re missing home
It’s been so long since you’ve been
And that life you had in Dublin
Now ain’t nothing but a dream
To be right there in the moment
You’d give anything to be

These are just some of the many amazing songs they have."

I never understood why people liked bands and spending so much money on concerts where you could just buy their album for their songs. Fast forward to 21st April 2015, I just came back from the most memorable, epic, whatever words you may describe the best concert you could ever have.


The Script hyped up the whole Singapore Indoor Stadium with his charisma today.

Today, I've learnt that Man on A wire was actually inspired by a documentary about a guy Philipe Petit that walked on a wire in the 1970s that made Danny pondered about the reason behind doing so. He linked how difficult it is to get over a breakup like how difficult it is to walk along a wire. The temptations of looking down for security is just like the temptations of running back to the past because it's familiar and comfortable. 

"No, I can't look down
I'm trying to fight the feeling
I will fall to the ground
If I ever see you
'Cause I feel like I'm walkin' on a tightrope"


It's extremely difficult to walk from one end to the other, that's why he needs to count on 'high hopes' to get over to the other side. He has to keep on moving his legs, just like how he needs to force himself to move on from a relationship because if he stops, he will get knocked over by the wind(sadness). 

My heart is in my throat
I'm counting on high hopes to get me over you
And I've got my eyes closed
As long as the wind blows
I'm counting on high hopes to get me over you, you
Cause I'm a man on a wire, on a wire
I'm a man on a wire, on a wire


To be honest I never really understood this song until today, and I'm completely blown away. 




 I've never seen any concert that has been so interactive with the audience. 

From calling someone's ex on the phone and making the whole stadium sing Nothing.

To splitting the crowd into half and singing We Cry. 

to randomly appearing in seats on top and running around the whole Pen A with his Go pro to take videos with his fans. 

Everything was just amazing. I've been playing their songs in my phone for so long but never have gotten to see them in person. They are more amazing that I thought they would be. 

 Whole stadium full of flash lights

Today, I can dare say is the best day of 2015. 

 My best friend who accompanied me to the concert

Thankyou The Script for making songs that got me through tough periods of my life.

Thankyou for staying together as a band for 8 years now and continue making music for fans just like us. Thankyou for being the first singer/band that I've ever love.

Thankyou for being my only and favourite band. Though I admit I'm not as an old fan as those who have been there since the start, that doesn't mean I love The Script any less. It's been 2 good years that I fell in love with The Script and would continue to be in my heart.

#thescriptfamily




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe