We're The Furballs (WTF)

February 10, 2016



We're The Furballs is Singapore's first dog petting cafe which opened in 2012.

As I'm not an avid lover of pets, I never ever bothered stepping into any animal petting cafes. 

Today, I chose to visit one since all the movies were all fully booked and my boyfriend and I were at Bugis+. Since WTF is located right on the 7th floor of Bugis+ and he is obsessed with dogs so hey, why not?



I went into We're The Furballs without any expectations and I was really just prepared to sit at a corner and watch dogs running around in an open space.

It is the Third day of the Chinese New Year, and we paid $12.50 with a complimentary drink to enter.

We were introduced to the dogs one by one as we entered the play space. There wasn't a lot of other people at that point of time, there were only four others in the space. 



We sat at one corner and quietly observed the dogs awhile. 

There were 9 dogs in total, with Wooly being the newest dog in WTF.


The dogs took awhile to approach us and familiarize themselves with our scent by constantly sniffing us. 

We were told by the staff that if we sit cross legged, it would invite the bigger dogs to cuddle up on our laps while by stretching out our legs allows the smaller dogs to hop on. 

The first dog that lingered around me was Bui Bui, the french bulldog.

I stretched out my hand innocently and it licked my hand continuously and followed by licking my knee. 

Licking my hand

Licking my leg

It got comfortable in my boyfriend's lap and cuddle up in his lap.

Keng Seng with Bui Bui



It slept on Seng's lap for quite awhile till it's eyes were closed. It went to walk around for awhile. I attempted to lure him onto my lap by letting him sniff Seng's jacket. It took awhile to settle down on my lap but it did!
Bui Bui on my lap
The dogs were all very exhausted and were all taking a nap all around. Here's me attempting to disturb Wooly,  in his sleep.


Do we look alike?


As first timers, they gave us treats to lure the dogs into our laps. They are very treat-orientated; meaning to say whenever they sniff out a treat in our hands, they would enthusiastically run towards you all at once. 

Here's three dogs waiting for their treats in my hands
Duchness is a spaniel whereas Slinky is a Dachshund. 

Funfact: Slinky is being named after the Toy Story's sausage dog!

I was drinking my hot tea as Slinky hopped onto me.

Slinky on my lap



Seng used his treat to command Bui Bui how to do 'Paw', basically stretching his hand out and letting Bui Bui tap it. 



Bui Bui falling asleep in Seng's arms
Bui Bui constantly followed Seng around and laid in his arms. I guess it must've liked Seng scent a lot!

2 hours flew past so quickly and we didn't want to leave. It was honestly an eye opening experience for me. I'm always afraid of dogs because they left me a pretty bad impression. It either end up hurting me by scratching me or intimidate me by barking relentlessly. 

The dogs here definitely are people-friendly. Though it took awhile for them to get comfortable with you, they would approach you and settle down in your lap. 

I've never associated dogs with the words 'adorable' or 'likeable'. However, it gave me a changed impression on dogs in general. 

Now I see why Seng loves dogs so much, they're pretty adorable when they are innocently wondering around or playing around.

I will definitely visit WTF again, Seng already misses Bui Bui!



  • We're the Furballs(WTF)
  • Bugis+
  • 201 Victoria Street  #07-07
    Singapore 188067

  • Mon-Thu: 1.00PM - 10.00PM
  • Fri-Sat: 12.30PM - 10.30PM
  • Sun: 1.00PM - 10.00PM

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe