Keng Seng's birthday - SEA Aquarium x Studio M Staycation

July 13, 2015


Today's the 14th of July, and yesterday was the very first night that I managed to sleep in my own bed with no alarm to wake me up the next day.

Since 1st-10th of July, I've went for two back to back camps, namely Efinity and Insinyur. On the 11th-12th, there was Neo Keng Seng's birthday surprise and 13th Health checkup in NTU.

It's been a fruitful 2 weeks but tiring as hell. Collapsed for 14 hours since 7pm yesterday night. July has been rather fulfilling for me.

On the 10th, I ended camp earlier to get my camera at Olympus service centre because the shutter was malfunctioning. I'm so, so glad that my camera is back with me, so that I don't have to be stuck with my S5 taking grainy, low quality photos.

Headed to 313's Limited Edition Vault to get the shoes that Neo has been dragging me to look at every single time that we are out and in town. It's one of the Stan Smith red shoes that he has been eyeing on since June.

He would gaze at the shoe for a few solid seconds, checking every tiny details including the gaps between the sole of the shoes and the stitches of it. After that, he would check the price tag even though he already knew the price of it at the back of his head. He would put it down and say, ' I will come back to get it another day. '

Which he never did.

The pair I bought was the last pair and it was one size bigger. I bought it anyway because I couldn't find the shoe anywhere else.

Went to Awfully chocolate at Ion to buy chocolate banana cake. God, I miss this place so much. I don't see myself working there anymore anytime soon, but I will be back.

On the 11th, I met Rahmat first. Sherry(surprisingly not the last) and Royston to get all the stuff. Sherry and I went to Artbox to buy the balloons, wrapping paper and card.

We decided not to pump the balloon up first because it could only last for 8 hours so we decided to come back later. I left at 2.30pm while the rest went to get the cake and the rest of the items.

Before meeting Neo, I went to get my SEA aquarium tickets from a lady that sold me at a much lower rate than the usual, saving a sum of money. The lady was so patient and prompt because I only private messaged her one day before and agreed to meet me at my timing.

Met up with Neo and headed to sentosa's SEA Aquarium!

Why SEA Aquarium though?
It's because back in JC1 both of our classes went for a GP trip there. I was taking photos of jellyfishes and separated from my class for awhile. Being playful, he decided to come over and disturb me. He went beside me with his camera. Upon noticing him, I turned and said hey.

The next thing I knew, he turned to me and pretended to take a picture of me saying, 'EH LOOK! New fish!'


















Back to that jellyfish spot!



After SEA Aquarium, we went to candylicious to get ice cream in order to stall time since Makito the rest will only reach at 6PM. I checked my watsapp and I couldn't help but to burst out laughing because Sherry had forgotten the balloons and so she had to go all the way back to get them.

Since Sherry, Neo and I had went to Book cafe before, I lied and told Neo that we are having our dinner at book cafe because it brings back memories. I got so fustrated because I couldn't find out the way to Book cafe(and because i'm hungry), in the end we cabbed to book cafe. Neo wanted to walk into book cafe but I walked past it. He gave me that 'What is going on look'.

I smiled and asked him to close his eyes. I opened the door into Studio M hotel and Neo walked so slowly that the door banged onto his shoulder. I walked into the lift only to realize that i couldnt access 2nd floor and up without the hotel room card. I sat him down on the 2nd floor and waited for Serena to come by. Till now, his eyes were still closed but I blindfolded him still because it seemed fun. We brought him up to room 309.

blind folded Neo

 Birthday boy
 time to blow out your candles
 Photos that Nikki painstakingly got it printed




 and here's everyone

With the two girls that constantly give him headache
 Rahmat(Paul)
Roy boy

 Serena Quay!
Sluttyball
 Time to unwrap present!
 Happyboy96
 Couldn't wait to try his shoes


 Tada! Though I don't see what's the big deal of the shoe(sorry not sorry)

Funnily enough, both of us were at 313 on the 10th. Remember I said I've bought the last pair of shoes? Neo being Neo, he went to look for this shoe on the very same day only to know that it's been sold because it wasn't there anymore. Little did he know that the person who bought the last pair of shoe was me.


Finally done for the day! Never knew planning for a birthday party was so stressful, especially being away for camp for 10 days and only breaking camp the day before. Thankyou Nikki for the photos, sherry for going all the way back for the balloons that she have forgotten to take, Rahmat for being the shareholder to check in for me. & of course the rest, for being there and making Neo a happy boy. Days leading up to this day was so frustrating because I really want to tell Neo everything because that's what we always do, but I couldn't because the surprise is meant for him. 
To Neo,

Thankyou for being my best friend for 2 years now and loving me unconditionally. You were always there for everyone and expect nothing in return. 

You'll always let me rant endlessly about everything without having any judgements, there for me on late school day mornings in J2 just because I want to eat my banmian. 

You were always there for me when I needed someone to study with me, at the same time doing stupid shit together.

 I can't even count how many spontaneous things we did over the past 2 years like walking from singapore flyer to gardens by the bay and back.

 Also crashing your condo and playing with the hot tub because we ran out of things to do. 

Even though your last seen was long ago and I just wanted to talk to somebody in the middle of the night, somehow you will just appear and be there and made it all better. 

Thankyou for waiting for me to come back from bangkok even though my flight is delayed by an hour, and even lending me your favourite teddy bear to bring to bkk because I said I wanted it. 

Thankyou for being so patient with me, and I truly enjoyed every outing with you, be it heart to heart talks in CCP on the swing and then getting sushi at cold storage on our way back, to our endless starbucks study date at the airport. 

Thankyou for tolerating me all these while and never gave up on me. 

Thankyou for being my best friend. 




' And sometimes we don't say a thing
Just listen to the crickets sing
Everything I need is right here by my side '
- Taylor Swift

Happy Birthday Neo! Have a blessed one! Here's to many more years of our beautiful friendship!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe